Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Sunday, April 9, 2017

New born (this morning!) twins...

This morning I was trying to get everybody out of bed, we wanted to go to church. Sarah was also home, with a friend, so we had a house full. Then at 7 am the telephone rang, it was a nurse from the maternity ward in Soroti hospital. There was a twin, born this morning, and the mother passed away, if we could help..... So everything went in a faster speed and I brought all my children (incl. the friend) to Amecet. There I got the papers and blankets for the baby's and together with Rebecah we went to the hospital.
Again a very sad story, the two baby girls were in breech position, so an operation was necessary. The mother passed away during the operation and the doctors rushed to get the baby's out alive. I talked to the father, who was in tears, and got all the information I needed to get. The family lived in Soroti, they asked me if I could drop them off at their home, I did, while Rebecah was holding the baby's. I had to come to see the mother, who was already brought home and laid in the little house. They will bury her tomorrow in their village.

Immaculate and Sarah helped bathing them, under supervision of Jane! 
Are they not beautiful!! Left is the oldest baby, Apio Stella (wt. 2.2kg) and at the right Acen Rose, 
her weight is 1.8 kg.
We were not able to go to church, but we were able to share God's love and compassion today. And there will be another chance to do so tomorrow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment